Covid-19 (Under Review)
General Information - Please remain vigilant to the symptoms of Covid-19
If you are not sure whether symptoms suggest that you/they have COVID-19 or an everyday cough or cold, you can consult this online NHS symptom checker: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
Advice & Information
Keeping our School Community Safe:
You can help to slow the spread of Coronavirus! We ask that you please make sure that you and your children follow these general principles to prevent spreading any respiratory virus:-
- Ensure that your child does not come to school if they display symptoms of Covid-19.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with other people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, or elbow rather than your hands (remembering to put the tissue immediately into the bin and wash your hands.)
- If you become unwell and are worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111 and inform the school.
The school will continue to ensure spaces are well ventilated and that good hand hygiene is encouraged.
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline 0800 046 8687 – this helpline has been set up to answer questions about the virus related to education. Alternatively they can be contacted via email DfE.firstname.lastname@example.org. Opening hours 8am-6pm (Monday to Friday).
We have been advised that no school should close unless directed to do so by Public Health.
Supporting Your Child’s understanding of Coronavirus and what school will be like:
Below are some lovely stories to use to discuss what Coronavirus is.