The Newberries Music Curriculum strives to:
- Ensure all pupils have access to a curriculum that enables them to perform, listen to, review and evaluate music and be taught to sing, create and compose music
- Understand and explore how music is created, produced and communicated.
- Ensure all children gain a firm understanding of what music is through listening, singing, playing, evaluating, analysing, and composing across a wide variety of historical periods, styles, traditions, and musical genres.
- Ensure all children develop a curiosity for the subject, as well as an understanding and acceptance of the validity and importance of all types of music, and an unbiased respect for the role that music may wish to be expressed in any person’s life.
- We are committed to ensuring children understand the value and importance of music in the wider community, and are able to use their musical skills, knowledge, and experiences to involve themselves in music, in a variety of different contexts.